On most days I carry a really big bag- as matter of fact it’s the Givenchy Antigona, it’s roomy but that doesn’t mean I like to over stuff it. But a few of the items I can’t live without are always in my makeup case. They’re staples, the ones I know I’m going to need on the ride even after I’ve done a full face there are still some touchups throughout the day that can’t be avoided. So how do you know exactly what to pack? Well for starters you’ll want easy to fit items. No matter the climate or the time of the year whether it’s sunny or blistering cold out your skin is a target for sure. If you’re prone to oiliness you’ll need a touch up powder and the mirrored compact is a plus. Eating out? Of course lips are going to take a hit so lip gloss, lipstick or a lip balm is a must. And what about an instant pinch of wake me up color for the cheeks? Here are the six products I can’t live without.
- First and foremost is my favorite sunblock by Dr. Dennis Gross, his Dark Spot Sun Defense contains the skin brightening properties Mela-C Complex to help with hyper pigmentation and assist with any future hyper pigmentation issues. Although I slather it on profusely before applying make up, my neck and hands need replenishment so reapplying is crucial throughout the day. The sun hits areas of your skin that are more vulnerable than you think.
- For quick powder touchups I carry my MAC Blot Powder pressed powder. This finely milled compact powder is excellent for a quick touchup and setting foundation invisibly without leaving a trace of cakiness.
- Since the sun is always on heavy rotation here in LA keeping my lips hydrated is a must and sometimes you want color and shine. But to keep them protected my go-to is Supergoop lip balm, with an SPF 30 and moisturizing Shea butter it’s an awesome base or great all by itself. For my color gloss-shot it’s imperative to keep my Hourglass No.28 Lip Oil in Icon on standby for super shine in a yummy sheer hibiscus hue. It’s also jam-packed with anti-aging ingredients like Saliporine 8 (elevates moisture) and Viamerine (hydrates and reduces lines and wrinkles).
- And for versatility in lips eyes or cheeks try on NARS The Multiple a one step color stick that works magic for all-day wear. My favorite is G-spot, a soft petal rose with a golden sheen.
- Finally to keep my hands and any other spots that may need extra moisture throughout the day I’m lucky to have Moroccan Oil Body Hand Cream nearby. This extra rich formula is loaded with humectants and the original Argan oil that the company is known for.
These essential products are my everyday staples and even though some items will often get traded out I know these primary favorites will never let me down.
Written by Linda Jamison